
If you haven't been keeping up with your pitchfork shit lately, which is completely disgusting of you, or you've been living in a cave without myspace, then you might not know about the Vivian Girls. They are an all girl garage rock band who are straight outta' Brooklyn (which is where a lot of my favorite bands are coming from lately).

I saw these gals play at Pilam one night on a whim, just because everyone was telling me how great they were. I was definitely surprised. They play some great sets and their song "No" has got to be the easiest and most fun song to sing along to. Their first album was released in May of this year and they've been gaining popularity ever since. I guess I'm not telling you to like them because everyone else does or anything, but I've given them my honest judgment and they're definitely worth listening to. Catchy songs that remind me of some lo-fi, 60s, pysch-pop, garage rock.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x4z2tkgtz1v
This album is short. The songs are short. I've been listening to it on repeat for the past few days. I think the track "All The Time" is good and was possibly written for Gabby Eisenhower. I like the songs "Where Do You Run To", "Wild Eyes", "Never See Me Again", and "I Believe in Nothing". I want them to put out another album! This one's too short. Need more!


4 comments:
agh thanks for posting this. i fell i nlove with a girl this weekend but didn't have the balls to ask her to dance to "where do you run to" at the fucked up/vivian girls show saturday! ihatelife.
did you really just say that not keeping up with fucking PITCHFORK is "disgusting?"
is living in the city turning you into a toolbag?
brooklyn is stupid.
i was totally being serious when i was talking about pitchfork. it's probably the utmost undeniably truthful source for THE best music ever created. without any shred of doubt, i would sign over my firstborn to the gods of pitchfork if only to have updates on the hippest music on the planet.
also, japanther is from brooklyn. and brooklyn may be stupid, but they've putting out some pretty good garage punk lately that I can't deny as being nothing less than awesome.
i recognized your tone on the pitchfork thing after my comment went through. sorry.
maybe i'm just off today.
Post a Comment