Monday, October 13, 2008

Eastern Conference Champions "Ameritown" (2007)

I ended up seeing Jonathan Richman and of the Modern Lovers last night after all. It was well worth the ticket price of $15 (christ, I still owe Becky for that). Now, I would have posted their eponymous album today, but alas, technical difficulties and terrible timing has made this impossible. I'll post it another day though, if I manage to compress it lower than 100mbs (yes, ONE HUNDRED MEATBALLS) or find a better way to host it.

I also tried to post a Fatboy Slim album today, but scrapped that too. Hmm... a while back I was going to post Mr.Oizo. Maybe I should post that? No. I found this bad/good halloween compilation, but the only problem is it's two discs and some of the songs are really shit. Maybe I'll mix it together with some other halloween songs later and post it. OH! I wanted to post the Eastern Conference Champions!



I've been a fan of these guys for just over a year now. I can thank Philadelphia's YRock for a lot of my musical influence this past year or so. I had streamed their radio show for so long last semester and the one before that. I'm kind of sick of indie shit though. I was always more interested in their punk selections (which barely scratched the surface of anything that wasn't played on mainstream radio, unfortunately).



Anyways, these guys were one of the bands I did like that they were playing. So, if you haven't heard them before, then you should give them a shot. I recall having their song "The Box" stuck in my head for long periods of time last year. But I would thankfully have the ECC stuck in my head over Lou Bega any day. Plus they're from Philadelphia!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1c2c7110b15052f8d2db6fb9a8902bda

I guess maybe you could relate them to the Cold War Kids or I don't even know. I'm not a huge fan of this genre of music. Some of their stuff reminds me of a Radiohead circa "OK Computer", but better maybe?

Favorite track is "The Box" and I really like the tracks "Noah" and "Single Sedative" a lot too.

No comments: