This is Jeffrey Lewis. He's an American anti-folk singer/songwriter; whatever that means. This is his album "The Last Time I Did Acid I went Insane". It was his first album released in 2001. He's always related to the Moldy Peaches or Adam Green with the "anti-folk" movement and knows way more than anyone I know about music history (or so it seems).

It's really too hard to compare him to other artists. He's just a really great musician and his songs have been breaking into new territory for about a decade now. His style is most original and his lyrics are like he's telling you a story in the park while playing the guitar and making everything rhyme.
He also put out a CRASS cover album called "12 CRASS Songs". It's totally worth getting your hands on if you like his stuff or CRASS at all.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozyc2ojxzde
Favorite tracks are "The East River", "The Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song", and "The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane".


No comments:
Post a Comment