Friday, October 10, 2008

This Bike is a Pipe Bomb "Three Way Tie for a Fifth" (2004)

I really should have posted this sooner. I uploaded it to mediafire a long time ago, but always wanted to post something else that was more "relevant". Well! This album is extremely relevant! It's most definitely on my list of favorite albums ever, probably somewhere in the top ten or twenty. This album got me through fall of senior year in high school. I don't think riding the bus would have been nearly as enjoyable had I not been able to jam out to TBIAPB.



Well I guess now I should tell you about the album. It's rock solid. Every track is one of my favorite songs. I finally saw them live this past summer, but some stupid drunk people at the show made it an uncomfortable experience. Their songs are like fast electric folk punk jams with especially groovin' bass lines. They sound like Woody Guthrie if he dropped out of high school in 1994 and played basements and toured in a punk van.

This album is not about boxing.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ttxi0ntdglc

favorite track is... fuck! I can't pick a favorite! They're all too good! Most people pick "Better off Dead" though.

my armpit itches from using shitty deodorant and i want a cramps tee shirt (both completely unrelated from eachother).
also, someone buy me this zine: http://www.razorcake.org/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=455

OH! And there's this really great music blog I found that you should check out if you're into this sort of thinggg: http://stratosphering.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

John said...

i bought this CD from chester county books in the summer of 2006 and i liked it so much that I burned it so I could listen to it on my discman on the way to school, but i flaked and accidentally burnt two copies, so then when you and dan were in my room on that day when we bought the bikes in embryville i said "does anyone want this extra this bike is a pipe bomb cd?" and you were like "i do!" and then dan was like "shit."

and that is the story of how you became punk.

Mike V said...

HOoooOOOOly SHIT! I totally forgot about that! I remember now that it was a burned CD. I spun that shit out of control. Thanks a lot man! You have directly influenced my musical interests in a major way through TBIAPB. Pat on the backs for everyone!

Mike V said...

except for dan, he missed out.