Okay! So there are some really good shows coming up that's I'm totally excited for. But tomorrow night is the Sunn O))) show that I had been meaning to go to and had been hyping since I found out about it sometime in July, but NEVER MANAGED TO GET TICKETS TO! What the hell! And now it's sold out, of course. But luckily enough Dan Deacon's Round Robin tour is coming to the Starlight Ballroom tomorrow night as well for six dollars cheaper! And TheDeathSet is playing there, who I love! So it's a toss up as to whether I walk to the show around the corner from my house or bike down to the church to see if I can manage to get into what will probably be a most legendary and disorienting evening with the gods of drone metal. Damnit!
Okay, well I'll keep thinking about this and you guys could offer me suggestions as to which I should attend. Maybe you could come with me too!! That sure would be swell. I figure I should be extremely drunk for the Round Robin show or extremely stoned for the Sunn O))) show. Either way, I'm getting tore up tomorrow night. So you may include yourself in that.
I'm listening to Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue" tonight and it will hopefully facilitate my stressful statistics homework. Full post about all the shows worth seeing coming up. OH and there's a show at my house coming up too. I'll post all about that shit this weekend.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
dont hate jens lekman, first off!
second: im going to round robin but i was so torn too. the prospect of getting baked as all fucking get out and then pummeled by extremely low frequencies in a church was pretty appealing. but being drunk and slamming to the death set and dan deacon should be really rewarding. trying to hang out and drink beforehand?
only but of course, sir! that sounds like a great idea. I really wish I could see what everyone sees in Lekman. He's just not my think I guess. I like that song "Postcard to Nina" or "From Nina" or whatever. That's a good song. Songs about lesbians can never go wrong.
my thing*
oh and my number is 610 715 1480. call me up tomorrow night and you can come over and drink at my place. i live quite close to the starlight and we will be partying beforehand. i'll put a party together here, almost definitely.
Wtf? Deacon sucks shit. Sunn O))) dude. Not even a question. Gabby, and I will be there too. ONLY PLAYING SONGS FROM GRIM ROBE DEMOS. Dude. Not going is going to be the biggest mistake of your life.
yeah, I am privy to the amount of greatness I would be missing, but it's sold out and if I went the Dan Deacon show it would be for theDeathSet who are phenomenal.
Post a Comment