Thursday, October 16, 2008

SHOWS!

Tonight is Sunn O))) at the First Unitarian Church and Dan Deacon's Round Robin Tour at the Starlight Ballroom. Both shows are sold out, I believe, but there's still a chance you might get in (R5 shows are good like that).

Tomorrow night Monotonix and Pony Pants are playing a show at Pilam in West Philly at 39th and Spruce at 9pm for eight dollars or if you're crafty, you can maybe get in for free. I would definitely recommend seeing Monotonix. I saw them once this past summer and they were probably one of the best live acts I've seen in my entire life. I hear really great things about Pony Pants live show, but I've never had the chance to witness it. Pilam is a really great place for shows too, so you should go if you've never been there.

Also Tomorrow night, Erik Petersen of Mischief Brew is playing at the Haverford Senior High School's Coffee House for five dollars. Lots of other bands are playing too. Check it out if you're in the area. If you don't know anything about Erik Petersen, I would urge you to get to this show immediately. One of my very favorite performers on the planet. I've been to too many of his shows to count and all of them were some of the best times I've had in my life.

Saturday night Japanther is playing fucking Philadelphia! AWhyeahh! 7pm at the Fire on 4th and Girard. I think it's on 4th and Girard. I could be wrong. I know it's somewhere around there on Girard. Whatever! BE THERE! I've never seen Japanther play on a stage before, so this will be a brand new experience for me. Plus, their new album just came out and you have to go to the show to get a copy of it.

Hardcore punk all-stars Fucked Up!, Vivian Girls and Amateur Party are playing the Barbary tomorrow night too! Very close in proximity to where the almighty Japanther will be performing. That show starts at 6:30 (EARLY!), costs ten dollars, and packs a mighty trio of equally rad bands. I saw Vivian Girls play once before at Pilam and they were a pretty fun time. Amateur Party is always great and though I've never seen Fucked Up!, I could only expect their ability to headline this event as meaning they plan to fuck some shit up. I have no doubt in my mind that shit show will be enjoyable. They are from Toronto, Brooklyn and Philly. A mix none shall rival!

Also on Saturday, if you're too lazy to go dance in north philly, you can hang out at the Dave End show in West Philly. He's playing a show at The Mitten on 4918 Kingsessing Ave. with Laura Rabbit, Emily Bate, Liv Carrow (I really like what I've heard from her) and Wet Nose Hero. Dave End's live performances are fucking fantastic. One of the best shows I've seen all year. This is a acoustic folk show with cute-folk artists (as I like to call them).

GOOD LUCK!

No comments: