
I remember Paul giving me his chicken noodle soup to cook in the microwave and putting me in charge of the appliance. I had no idea who he was at the time. I recall Mischief Brew's Erik Petersen playing some cover songs at the show himself. I had no idea who he was either, but Sara kept poking me and telling me "that's erik petersen! that's erik petersen!" Who was he? He played some Pogues songs. He was okay. But for some reason I feel like I'm one of his biggest fans these days. Some people played covers of The Clash's London Calling album that stuck with me to this day. Paul and Ginger played one of the best sets I've ever witnessed. After just about every song Paul would say, "this next song is a cover by a guy named Bruce Springsteen." Paul is one of the most entertainingly energetic performers on the planet, and Ginger was his perfect compliment in this case. They made a fantastic team.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dutym6gmnds
After the show Sara gave Paul some animal crackers we bought and he gave us a free copy of the album. It was definitely a night I will never forget. And this is the album. I think you'll really like it, whether or not you're a fan of the boss.
Here's a live version recorded in Bloomington, IN you can listen to online: http://www.archive.org/details/doteoytt2006-07-08.flac16


3 comments:
oh! oh! that was fun!
I didn't know Paul Baribeau covered Bruce Springsteen, but this makes me really fucking happy.
That sounds like the best show ever. I'm really jealous.
Oh, and I have the studio album on my blog and it's beyond epic. Thanks for informing me of this.
Post a Comment