
I'm going to be honest: I was never a big Bad Brains fan until recently when I started force feeding myself mass dosages of their best work. I was mostly against Bad Brains in general for their bullshit homophobia, but whatever. I can't listen to "Big Takeover" and not like it. They're just too fucking badass.

Anyways, If you like hardcore punk that blends itself well with reggae, Bad Brains might be your shit. This album has quickly become one of my very favorites and it's been the majority of what I've been pumping on my bike rides to school everyday. You can't go wrong here.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mh4w3wzmgj5
Favorite tracks are "Attitude", "Sailin' On", "Big Takeover" and "Rock For Light".


6 comments:
bad brains had beef with loc and hellcat? elaborate!
damnit, dawg. you know what was up. It was just a load of bullshit and a fairly uninteresting argument over homophobic lyrics and rastafarian beliefs. LoC left Hellcat because H.R. (lead singer and overall madman) of Bad Brains openly embraced his anti-homosexual viewpoints. It has been said that H.R. was not speaking for the band and that they have since come to a greater understanding of rastafarianism and were overzealous when they were just beginning the faith (like any new followers of a religious or civil organization). WHATEVA! LoC rules. BB rules (but suck now). Let's just listen to "Pay to Cum" and ignore the politics.
I BEG TO DIFFER. After briefly consulting BB's wiki page, it is apparent that they never had any affiliation with hellcat. you may be getting them confused with buju banto, who was this rastafarian guy often knocked for his homophobic lyrics. he recorded the song "misty days" with rancid for the give em the boot 2 comp, on which both choking victim and LoC appeared. However, this had little to do with LoC's split.
The proposed album title for "Mediocre Generica" was "Shoot the Kids at School." Tim Armstrong (Rancid frontman/Hellcat owner), being a whiney little sissy girl, said this was "way to extreme" for his candy ass label, and refused to release the album under that title. That, along with the labels insisting that the "Victim Comes Alive" 7 inch come out in limited quantities, was what lead to LoC eventually leaving. Subsequently, due to legal issues with the name LoC, the band had to release their "Baby Jesus Sliced Up in The Manger" split with F-Minus under the name Crack Rock Steady 7.
I AM 14 FOREVER!
also, the book Dance of Days has a lot in it about just how whacked H.R was. He got into this huge fight with Dictor from MDC and Biscuit from the Big Boys and tried to put a curse on them with crushed animal bones and shit. Isn't that whack?
Haha, yeah I knew about the MDC shit and the Hellcat/LoC mishap. But I had always thought wait lemme check my sources... shit yo! I was totally referring to this article: http://www.punknews.org/article/20977
it was definitely Buju Banton. But they are both BB and I obviously confused them. But Bad Brains is totally homophobic. That's still true. And that's just whack.
actually, Bad Brains wasn't ever on Hellcat records. Let's make that clear too. Now I look like a total idiot. Fuck it all.
Post a Comment