Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A little clarification...

Okay, so my words seemed to have been misconstrued here. When referring to the "Dropout Academy" I was plainly noting them on a personal level that would make sense only to those of my pals who know me well enough that they don't take my band bashing very seriously. Just because I call a band "bullshit" doesn't mean someone, somewhere! likes them. I'm sure they're fantastic people and I had them completely wrong, but I'm only human and I'm prone to prejudice; what a mistake I've made.

So please, don't take my negative blurbs, that frankly hold no intellectual value, so seriously. I'm not trying to be snobby or pretentious by talking about "no-name bands" (actually not the first person to tell me all I talk about is "an endless list of no-name punk bands", which is really hurtful). If my blog was an instrument of popular music, then what would be the point? I'm only trying to spread interest in bands that I like and hope that people will do the same for me. If that's being a snob, then I'm Paris Hilton.

Don't lose the real meaning of my blog just because I made fun of a band, in jest. Well, because if a band can't take criticism that really doesn't remark on their musical talents at all, then they must have some serious insecurities. Their fans ACTUALLY have no relation to what their band sounds like! I was wrong, omg! It's too early to keep talking about this.

6 comments:

Nofun Notever said...

"I'm only trying to spread interest in bands that I like and hope that people will do the same for me. If that's being a snob, then I'm Paris Hilton."

Snob? Did you mean slut? I don't get it.

Mike V said...

I don't really know that meant. It was early in the morning and she was the first person who popped in my head.

Unknown said...

you are a snob

Mike V said...

you are a dick.

John said...

you shouldn't really worry about it if someone is going to take a brief comment you made in jest on your blog as total snobbery and elitism. if i found such a comment about my own music, I wouldn't immediately start naming my own accolades and labeling the author as a hipster elitist when we don't actually know anything about each other in the first place. I don't think you're in the wrong on this one; people need not take themselves so seriously.

combhoney said...

i LOVE droput!!!!!!!!!