Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Marininer Nine "Shallow End of the Gene Pool"



This band is one of the best things I know of to come out of my home town of, West Chester, PA, which was actually a surprise to me after I had already fallen in deep with this particular album of theirs. There's not a lot of ways to place this album. I mean I can't really describe them in terms of many other bands. They sound like something that Mike Kinsella (American Football, Cap'n Jazz, Owen, Joan of Arc) might have had something to do with or even similar to some of Pavement's work. They're a lo-fi, emo, alternative, indie-pop? project from the nineties. Nothing ahead of their time, but definitely under-appreciated.



Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/marinernine


I wouldn't pass this opportunity up, if I were you. Their work is pretty hard to get your hands on and I came across this album purely on accident (is there a better way to find your favorite music?).

http://www.mediafire.com/?wottyhodqfm

1 comment:

caitlin said...

awesome. thanks for this.