Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Raveonettes "Lust, Lust, Lust" (2007)



This is a pretty enjoyable shogaze/garage album from The Raveonettes that they put out my freshman year of college. I used to listen to this album more back then and I remember having a promo for their album I tore out of a magazine up on my dorm room wall. Basically simplistic drum beats, a bright, distorted lead, and melodic whispering vocals from Sune Rose Wagner and Sharin Foo. Rainy day afternoon stuff typically, but it goes beyond that for me. Their 50s and 60s rock&roll influences really catch me more than anything. Plus the production value on this album is so amazing. It just feels so warm in headphones.

"We are not scared of being blunt about what the references are in our music," said Sharin Foo. "For instance, if you look at our name, The Raveonettes, it's a complete direct reference to The Ronettes and Buddy Holly's "Rave On!" So, in that sense, we're pretty clear about it." Sune has said in an interview: "I see us as an extremely good rock 'n' roll band."

Favorite tracks are "Hallucinations", "Blush", and "Dead Sound". Really, so many great tracks on this album though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzexntdythy

Here's a video of an acoustic performance of their song "Lust" [Track 3]:

No comments: