Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Pine Hill Haints "Ghost Dance" (2007)



This album was requested by my friend Sara, which made me remember how I told myself I needed to get some of their music. I saw these guys open for Japanther and Joe-Jack Talcum (of the Dead Milkmen) in a basement on my birthday last year. They played a snare drum, a fiddle, a mandolin, a saw, an electric hollow body guitar, a washboard and a one string DIY acoustic bass made from a wire and washtub. They put on a phenomenally infectious performance. I think it was a mix between the the old condenser mic and the amount of 40oz malt liquor I had ingested, but their sound was unbelievable at the time.



The Pine Hill Haints perform music they consider to be “dead” in the modern world, hence their self-proclaimed “Ghost Music.” A throwback to southern rockabilly-bluegrass. Similar in ways to This Bike is a Pipe Bomb or Rymodee for being a folk-punk type, mostly acoustic band. Heavily centered on lyrics, the Pine Hill Haints take on a number of diverse styles including blues, celtic, gospel and rock and roll. Alabama's bringin' back the roots to folk-punk.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qnh3w4zntmw

Favorite tracks are "Phantom Rules", "Something Say Anything", and "Spirit of 1812".

3 comments:

saaaaraaaa said...

also they are so COOL.

Slam said...

yo mike! i finally started my mp3 blog

http://in.distinguishable.org/

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]casino bonus[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]casino online[/url] manumitted no set aside reward at the foremost [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]baywatchcasino
[/url].