Sunday, January 11, 2009

21+ Venues Suck

fuck the world. there is a new venue in Philadelphia that has managed to piss me off more than most venues already. Kung Fu Necktie is going to be the home to lots of fucking awesome acts I'm sure, but will you be invited to the shows? I don't think so! See, Kung Fu Necktie is actually a bar. A bar that hosts only 21+ shows. Well fuck me, right? Japanther is playing there on February 9th and alas I will not be attending. Sure, the world is not over, there could be a lot of worse things going down in philly and there definitely are, but come on... there are increasingly more and more shitty venues popping up and not a one of them worth spending ten dollars to see a shitty indie pitchfork band play for R5's fascist regime. Philly needs a place for all ages punk all the time. I won't rest until we have somewhere besides the basement of the church which is overrun by R5 as it is. Viva la resistance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time to grow up.

Mike V said...

whatever, dan. you don't even go to shows anymore, so i wouldn't expect you to understand.

Anonymous said...

It's true, but from the start I was never that into them. They're usually either boring with no energy, too much money, or just plain bad music. Regardless, there are always a couple great shows I manage to enjoy each year.

And I definitely understand your rant; seems to me you're just overreacting. There are definitely way more all ages shows than 21+ shows for bands you want to see. Who cares if you only get to see Japanther 9 times a year instead of 10 because this visit they're playing some bar?

Besides, there are plenty decent venues that never have age limits. Take those and the amount of DIY basement shows going on and you pretty much have 'all the time' coverage for the punx.