
I know I've been lacking recently, but this album should definitely make up for it. This is Adrian Orange's "Bitches is Lord". It's a sentimental lo-fi album made by a the fellow who also goes by Thanksgiving and sometimes plays with her band. He really reminds me of this artist who played a show in my living room a few months ago named Dustin and the Furniture, like eerily similar. You might like his work if you ever liked the Microphones or the Woods.

This album is a slow-paced acoustic/heavily distorted infused folk session with his deeply penetrating vocal patterns that somehow make you feel terribly lonely, even if you're listening to it with other people. I don't know how he does it. I think his voice is really great in the way he can't reach certain notes, but forces them and squeezes lyrics into measures. It's quite interesting song writing and simplistically impressive.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vjgamw5gvmt
A relaxing avant-garde folk album for your quiet nights.
Favorite tracks are "While You Live" and "Save The World".


1 comment:
Dustin and the furniture just played in my friend's living room...
Awesome, dude. I missed the show, he sounds good.
Post a Comment