Friday, February 6, 2009

Division of Laura Lee "Black City" (2002)



Another Swedish punk band that came to me around the same time as the T(I)NC interestingly enough through different portals completely AND I didn't even realize they were Swedish until muchhhhh later on, which was only weird when I found out because I always had this feeling of relation between the two bands and never really noticed their accents I guess... I digress.

This band and album have contributed to the way I hear music today I'm sure. I can remember so clearly, summers I spent at my Aunt's campground pumping this album through headphones in my bed pretending to be asleep. This album set forth (or paralleled) my teenage angst for sure; I'm positive of that.

They recently put out a new album, that I can't really speak of since I haven't given it a thorough listen quite yet, but I can't imagine it being better than this one for me. "Das Not Compute" was also a great album for them if you happen to find yourself interested in these guys.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zqlmljanldn

Favorite tracks are "Trapped In", "Number One", "Blackcity", and "Second Rule Is".

"Blackcity" video:

No comments: