Brian Christinzio is a Philadelphia based musician who goes by B.C. Camplight. I came into contact with this artist through a local web radio broadcast sometime in 2005 or 06 with his song "Parapaleejo" (a track sounding similar to something of the Fiery Furnaces) and I was totally mesmerized. I spent a really long time searching the tubes for a way to get a hold on his music, until I finally got a hold of his albums "Hide, Run Away" and "Blink of a Nihilist". Needless to say, it was worth the search. His tracks have found their home on almost one to many of my mixes.

Unfortunately, I missed his performance last night (along with several others) at the 941 Theater here in Philly. I think you'd like his music if you're attracted to twee style, lo-fi, piano-led, pop music. Similar to Ben Folds, Camera Obscura, Belle & Sebastian... you get the picture. But I wouldn't ever consider him "just another pop artist". I guess you'd have to listen to understand. Check it out, okay.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nyxezzjwmnmFavorite tracks are "Blood and Peanut Butter", "Parapaleejo", and "Richard Dawson".
No comments:
Post a Comment