Monday, July 7, 2008

NEW MUSIC! CHRIST!

Okay! Shit. I've been going about this music blog all wrong. Instead of fucking writing and posting shit that's been out forever and I just think no one has heard of I need to start posting all I've got. Just fucking everything! New shit. ONLY new shit. Fucking the rest... unless it's completely important to me I guess. BUT only if it's important. I need to start posting about bands I see as I see them. It's all about the fucking scene, man! Alright! So in that sentiment I now present to you the amazing Pirouette!



This band rocked out at Fennario in West Chester, PA this past Saturday night. They were headlining a fantastic show that included a great new band from Kennett Square, who has my full support, called TV Dinner.

Both bands were great fun. I didn't stick around for the in-betweens, but I can't imagine they were very good after seeing their fans. Some bullshit punks calling themselves the Drop-Out Academy or something. Real original. ANYWAYS, Pirouette was great! As soon as I walked into the room I could feel their energy just radiating. I leaped into a crowd and started to jump around, but I could also feel my pal, John Crodian's, hand squeezing mine. Apparently moshing isn't acceptable in such an upstanding joint as Fennario. Okay, so even though I couldn't release this shit they were passing on to me, I still had a great time. These guys are definitely ready for the big leagues. I have few doubts that they will become popular very soon.

Bleh, check out their myspace and pass it along. Go to their shows. There's no harm in hearing some new stuff right! And if you already know them, great! Pass me some new shit along, aight! Gosh! Sometimes I feel like no one reads this... alright, maybe no one does...

8 comments:

Rivqah said...

fuck.
i just read this, and wanted you to KNOW IT! so i shouted your name real loud and dashed up the stairs and literally burst through your closed door!
only to find your room was empty and that i'm the only one home.

i've never made a crying emoticon before, but pretend that one is taking the place of this sentence.

Mike V said...

I escaped through the window when I heard you calling my name.

mimicool said...

HURRAY FOR GOOD NEW MUSIC

combhoney said...

LOVE drop out. they're my friends. you suck!

Unnamed said...

Hey Mike V. Drop Out member here... not naming which one. Just letting you know we are a signed band and are going on tour with the Gym Class Heroes next year. Dick

Mike V said...

Dear coward, I don't really care about whether or not you are signed. Being signed actually makes me dislike your band even more. I honestly didn't have much against your band until you had to go and gloat about how kickass they are. The Gym Class Heroes suck more dick than your mother and I really hope the tour doesn't end in a terrible mascara accident. Good luck at the Warped Tour! See you at the mall.
-With love, mike v.

buttermountain said...

hey im no huge fan of dropout but know someone in the band and he is a great guy, and just because you don't like dropout doesn't mean they are a "bullshit" band. you just sound like a snob when you say something like that. form your own band and dont be offended by the presence of a band that aren't as hip and elite as you. frankly no one cares what cutting edge new bands you know.

good luck on your writing career though ; )

Mike V said...

Okay, so my words seemed to have been misconstrued here. When referring to the "Dropout Academy" I was plainly noting them on a personal level that would make sense only to those of my pals who know me well enough that they don't take my band bashing very seriously. Just because I call a band "bullshit" doesn't mean someone, somewhere! likes them. I'm sure they're fantastic people and I had them completely wrong, but I'm only human and I'm prone prejudice; what a mistake I've made.

So please, don't take my negative blurbs, that frankly hold no intellectual value, so seriously. I'm not trying to be snobby or pretentious by talking about "no-name bands" (actually not the first person to tell me all I talk about it "an endless list of no-name punk bands", which is really hurtful). If my blog was an instrument of popular music, then what would be the point? I'm only trying to spread interest in bands that I like and hope that people will do the same for me. If that's being a snob, then I'm Paris Hilton.

Don't lose the real meaning of my blog just because I made fun of a band, in jest. Well, because if a band can't take criticism that really doesn't remark on their musical ability at all, then they music have some serious insecurities. Their fans ACTUALLY have no relation to what their band sounds like! I was wrong, omg! It's too early to keep talking about this.