Monday, July 7, 2008

Black Flag "Everything Went Black"

There was this band called Panic that formed way back in 1977 in Southern California. That band later became known as BLACK FLAG (not to be confused with the bug spray). Fusing together heavy metal, freeform jazz, breakbeats, and raw teenage energy they became a driving force in the genesis of hardcore punk. If by some chance that you haven't listened to early Black Flag, then today is your lucky day. You can sleep well tonight knowing you have finally heard one of most influential hardcore bands in history.



This album is a compilation of their earliest work and arguably their best. Sure, it was before Rollins joined and ruined them as some may think, but I'll leave that decision up to you. Even though we all know Henry Rollins is the shit. Okay so you have "Gimme Gimmie Gimmie", "I Don't Care", "White Minority", "Depression", "Clocked In", "Police Story", "Wasted", and "Louie Louie" which are all phenomenal tracks!

Of course some of my favorite Black Flag songs aren't on this album, it's still essential to anyone's music collection. So please, if you don't have this album when I come over your place and I'm toying around on your computer, I will think less of you. And my opinion of you is paramount. Don't do this to yourself.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mvvuk5eottg

1 comment:

combhoney said...

i recently made a stencil of this album cover