

(Team Robospierre)
Tonight I went to the Fuck Yeah Fest at the Starlight Ballroom. The show opened with some shitty comedians and then Team Robespierre played. I've been waiting to see them live for about six months or so now and it was way better than I had expected. They remind me a lot of Japanther, but more interaction and synths. The lead singer was so fucking pumped and crowd surfing during most of the set. Great shit.

(Monotonix)
Then next came the Monotonix from Israel, who were one of the most original bands I've ever seen play. They looked like a cross between surly pirates and the mars volta. Their recorded stuff can not do them any justice. Jesus christ, they were amazing. I can't even divulge some of the things they were doing during their set, just because I wouldn't want to ruin it for you.

(Matt & Kim - free slurpie day!)
Okay then came Matt and Kim. Fucking Matt and Kim. During the Monotonix set I ran to the restroom to wash my hands off from all the trash that I touched (jesus, you don't even know the half of it) and Matt from Matt and Kim is washing his hands too! Whoa. We shook hands with a paper towel! They were fantastic. I only wish I could have seen them more this past year. Smaller venues would be much better for them.

(Paint It Black)
Paint it Black were as hardcore as ever. If any band deserves to be called "hardcore", they definitely have it. Well Paint it Black always makes everyone angry and junk and then their pits get fucking rowdy and hurtful. Ouch! I always regret dancing in their pits. always! But they are sounding great, and I'm sure they will only get better.

(Dillinger Four)
DILLINGER FOUR. fucking. Dillinger FOUR. GOD damn that was awesome. They were so fantastic. I don't really have to say anything else. They should have been the headliners. Their set wasn't nearly long enough. Thank god Jesse Helms died.
(OOPS!)
Then the Circle JERKS got on. Keith Morris is a fucking jackass. He talked between every fucking song on their 4000 song setlist. They played almost none of their good shit and just about none of their fast shit. What the fuck! I didn't come to see pop-punk circle jerks. God damnit, I've never had to boo a band sooooo hard before. I don't want to talk about them anymore. Fuck the circle jerks. fuck keith morris and fuck the west coast.
:D
Okay! Here is the Dillinger Four's "Situationist Comedy" from 2002. They have a new album coming out sometime in 2008 called CIVALWAR that should be kickass.

best track is most definitely "!!!NOBLE STABBINGS!!!".
http://www.mediafire.com/?bjzezkjutjd
And Matt & Kim's self-titled debut album straight from Brooklyn

favorite track on this one is probably "No More Long Years"
http://www.mediafire.com/?7wogeei1kcj
and if you haven't seen it, their ultra-catchy single "Yeah-Yeah" has a video that you will like:
that's all folks!


No comments:
Post a Comment