Thursday, May 8, 2008

The World/Inferno Friendship Society "Just The Best Party"

This band is one of my favorite bands to see live on the planet. If you haven't had a chance to witness a World/Inferno waltz pit, then you haven't lived. Some of the most memorable (or forgettable, depending on how much I've drank) times of my life have been dancing to this band in a crowd of sweaty, jersey-lovin', inferno brethren. Expecting the most outlandish show every time I see them fills me with wild anticipation. If you haven't been to one of their shows then there's really no use explaining it. It's just the best party you've ever been to.



Their sound is hard to describe. They're called gypsy-punk if that makes any sense to you. They incorporate trumpets, trombones, accordions, violins, and extreme style into their sound. Expect to a feeling of jubilation to accompany your listening experience. This album is one of my favorites, but that doesn't mean the rest of their stuff isn't phenomenal. I'm not a huge fan of their more recent work, but I can't ever stop loving them really. You won't be disappointed, unless you suck. In which case, I probably don't want you to be reading my blog anyhow. SO next time they're in town, I better see you at their show and you better be ready to sing along.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h73nn7oxsx4

I think the best song on this album is "Zen and the Art of Breaking Everything in This Room", but that's only the opener!

No comments: