Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Smashing Pumpkins "Earphoria" (1994)



This is the soundtrack to their 1994 DVD. A lot of great live and acoustic cuts of some of my favorite Pumpkins songs. I think you would really enjoy this release whether or not you're a huge fan of theirs. I never really like the song "Mayonnaise" until I heard it performed acoustically here.

1. "Sinfony" – 0:55 * Siamese Dream outtake
2. "Quiet" – 3:44 * Recorded live in Atlanta, November 10, 1993
3. "Disarm" – 2:56 * Recorded live on English TV, September 1993
4. "Cherub Rock (Acoustic)" – 4:24 * Recorded live on MTV Europe, June 22, 1993
5. "Today" – 3:38 * Recorded live in Chicago, December 9, 1993
6. "Bugg Superstar" – 1:29
7. "I Am One" – 7:55 * Recorded live in Barcelona, September 1993
8. "Pulseczar" – 2:27 * Siamese Dream outtake
9. "Soma" – 6:32 * Recorded live in London, February 24, 1994
10. "Slunk" – 2:37 * Recorded live on Japanese television, February 1992
11. "French Movie Theme" – 1:50 * From the "Cherub Rock" single
12. "Geek U.S.A." – 4:49 * Recorded live on German TV, September 3, 1993
13. "Mayonaise (Acoustic)" – 4:23 * Recorded live outside the BBC Studios in London, July 3, 1993
14. "Silverfuck"/"Over the Rainbow"/"Jackboot" – 13:30 * Recorded live in London, February 24, 1994
15. "Why Am I So Tired?" – 15:15 * Gish outtake

"Geek U.S.A." is so badass live.

Smashing Pumpkins - Earphoria (Part 1)
Smashing Pumpkins - Earphoria (Part 2)

1 comment:

John said...

weird! mimi and i were just talking about this last night. how she needed to have it.