Friday, May 7, 2010

The Gun Club "Fire of Love" (1981)



I've known about The Gun Club for a few years now, but only started listening to them last night. I don't know why or how it came to this, but I'm totally impressed with this whole album. Blues-punk has always been one of my favorite styles, but the Gun Club were the real innovators with this genre. If you like the Cramps or the Pixies you will probably be as into this album as I am.


The Gun Club "Sex Beat"

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jdbdwj3ivm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to listen this at my high school era. I saw them on stage once in London. Great show, this guy, the singer of whom I forgot the name, was suffering a lot man. I never found out why, but I tell you he was suffering like in hell.
Tortured soul. THX the sharing, I was seeking for this one since a while now. PunkGods bless you!

Anonymous said...

I remember now, the name of the guy was Jef Lee Pierce, and was a Blondie fan or something. Kid Congo was playing in the Gun Club before joining the Cramps, if my memory don't play twists. After their first album (Fire o love) they signed on Stein's label (called Animal-I think- Stein was former Blondie's guitar) But the band was a mess and changed its line-up a hundred times. My guess is this Jeff Lee was nuts. Or too pure. Pick your choice. Bye.