Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Eggs "Bruiser" (1992)

Eggs: John Rickman, Dave Park, Andrew Beaujon.

I've been sitting on this album for a while. I probably should have put it up sooner, but I just wanted to keep it to myself. It was like a jem I sort of rolled upon. Indie pop if Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine and Blur came together to form a shoegaze indie lo-fi band all about the rain. Teen Beat Records.



I like these reviews:

Alternative Press (1/93, p.58) - "...a low-key, winning record...The production and overall demeanor of this disc are decidedly small time, and that's a good part of its charm..."
Option (1/2/93, pp.89-90) - "...velvety pop/punk sound...Eggs seem to speak for its peer group of disillusioned, post-`boomer' youth..."
NME (Magazine) (11/5/94, p.45) - 7 - Very Good - "...it's gorgeous. Soft centred beat pop that really should be running the Yank college rock revolution..."

Maybe you don't see it the same as I do, but I really enjoy this album. And it's hard to find! So you should pick it up!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k512aozymzb

Favorite track is "John's Bar Mitzvah".

1 comment:

John said...

YES DUDE YOU ARE THE SHIT ONLY POST SHIT LIKE THIS