Friday, June 20, 2008

Dr. Octagon "Dr. Octagonecologyst"

Yikes! I'm so sorry I've neglected those of you who actually read this. Alright I owe you a few things from my travels. I has gifts! I didn't forget about you!

First up is an album from Dr. Octagon, aka Kool Keith. You might like him if you like the work of Deltron 3030 (including Del tha Funkee Homosapien and Dan the Automator), Busdriver, or El-P. His style of hip hop is that whole stream of consciousness jive with a mix of interplanetary derangement. PROGRESSIVE HIP HOP.



This album is from way back in 1996. I found out about it from my friend Becky as if it were something I should have known about. She was right! Okay so DJ Shadow plays a small role in this mess as well. He's on the track "Waiting List" if you are a fan. The album itself was mainly produced by Dan "the Automator" who knows just how to keep a beat in the right place.



http://www.mediafire.com/?xgmjhnzqmmg

My favorite track is "Earth People" and there's hardly a day that goes by when I don't have it stuck in my head.

No comments: